[asterisk-users] asterisk and HMP

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Tue Oct 24 04:21:16 MST 2006

Leo Ann Boon wrote:

> Gregory Duchatelet wrote:
>

>> Hi all,
>>
>> Does Asterisk now support Intel’s HMP platforms ? Does it support in
>> 1.4 version ?
>>
> There's a special driver for Intel-based HMP hardware+software for
> ABE. On the other hand, Asterisk has always been doing HMP :). In
> fact, I would say Asterisk's success in HMP is one of the push factors
> for companies like Intel, NMS to move to HMP from their traditional
> DSP-based designs.

I think this is now the Eicon HMP platform. It looks like Eicon bought
this when the fools paid good money for Dialogic.

Its amazing how many companies have got on the HMP bandwagon since we
started the Zapata work in 1999. If you do a Google search you can find
something like 10 companies promoting HMP type products. Few look like
coherent products, though.

Regards,
Steve