[asterisk-users] T.38 faxing with spandsp and Grandstream HT.486

Johann Steinwendtner johann.steinwendtner at utanet.at
Mon Oct 23 23:25:25 MST 2006

Hello !

I 'm trying T.38 faxig with spandsp using rxfax/txfax as fax terminal.
As another endpoint I 'm using Grandstream HT 486 ATA and a fax machine.
Has anybody success with the HT486 as T.38 terminal ?

ATA as originator: I managed only onetimes a successfull T.38 fax
session. The other times the HT486 did not initiate a re-invite with
T.38 parameters. Or shall the Terminator inititate a re-invite ?

txfax as originator: T.38 fax exchange takes place but the transmission
is not successful, txfax reports errorcode 60 (Disconnected after
permitted retry).

Can someone recommend a T.38 able ATA which is working with spandsp ?
Are there any terminals known which has been tested against spandsp ?

Thanks !

Best regards

Hans

P.S.: Asterisk 1.2.7.1 with patched T.38 patch and patched app_rxfax.c
app_txfax.c and udptl.c.