[Asterisk-Users] rxfax problem

Lee Howard faxguy at howardsilvan.com
Mon Oct 23 20:23:12 MST 2006

Andrew Joakimsen wrote:

> On 10/23/06, *Steve Underwood* <steveu at coppice.org
> <mailto:steveu at coppice.org>> wrote:
>

>     The latest test versions of the spandsp support both ECM and T.38. The
>     T.38 functionality may not be available with Asterisk, though.
>

> Is there any other software it would work with?

Yes, OpenPBX.

> Is there any situation under which it might work?

I don't really know how to respond to the ambiguity in that question.

> If you don't mind saying, what is missing for full t.38 support?

Steve giving Digium a royalty-free license to his GPL software or a
pure-GPL branch of the Asterisk codebase, take your pick.

> Also with ECM being present now, that should eliminate distortion?

ECM remedies data corruption and not image distortion caused by a broken
viewer.

> Its at random places during the fax there are "glitches" such as parts
> of the line missing or being shifted a bit

Yes, ECM probably will address that.

Lee.