[asterisk-users] Re: checking 'voicemail" externally - doesn't work

Joseph syscon at interbaun.com
Mon Oct 23 10:57:28 MST 2006

[snip]

> What I don't understand is why the CALLERIDNUM is "pstn1270".  Also, you
> can see the VoicemailMain is stripping off the "ps", I think that may be
> because you do not have a "|" or a "," after ${CALLERIDNUM}.  Why not
> just REMOVE the ${CALLERIDNUM} and let VoicemailMain prompt you for the
> mailbox number.

Caller ID "pstn1270" is coming from Sipura PSTN line.
Though, I'm very confused whey is it truncating the caller id from
"pstn1270" to 'tn127011' (see below); where is it getting it from ???

    -- Executing VoiceMailMain("SIP/pstn-1270-081a4c70", "pstn1270|") in
new stack
    -- Playing 'vm-login' (language 'en')
    -- Playing 'vm-password' (language 'en')
    -- Incorrect password '123' for user 'tn127011' (context = default

Adding "|" pipe to the context doesn't help, without ${CALLERIDNUM} is
just an inconvenience as I have to enter voice mail box number.
exten => 1000,3,VoicemailMain(${CALLERIDNUM}|)

Though, I've performed an experiment, added s - no password
exten => 1000,3,VoicemailMain(${CALLERIDNUM}|s)

so now calling internally works, I don't have to enter password.
Calls coming externally from pstn line, it worked but ask me for
password (see below):
vm_execmain: Specified user 'pstn1270' not found (check voicemail.conf
and/or realtime config).  Falling back to authentication mode.
At this point it is asking me for password and it accept it.
But when I remove the "s" the password is not going through, I think
because it is changing somehow, the caller ID from "pstn1270" to
'tn127011'  and I don't know why?
Could it be a bug?

--
#Joseph