[asterisk-users] Re: checking 'voicemail" externally - doesn't work

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Mon Oct 23 09:40:17 MST 2006

Joseph wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-10-23 at 07:46 -0500, Eric "ManxPower" Wieling wrote:
>> Joseph wrote:
>>> Though what option am I suppose to pass it.
>>> The process seems to me correct, when I get-in to disa-access I have
>>> access to voicemail extension 1000 (otherwise it wouldn't let me dial
>>> ext. 1000; when I dial it it asking me for mailbox number and password,
>>> except that password is not recognized; even tough I see it from the
>>> command line that the correct password "123" was entered.  So I don't
>>> understand why isn't it accepting it?
>>>
>>> [voicemail]
>>> exten => 1000,1,NoCDR()
>>> exten => 1000,2,Answer()
>>> exten => 1000,3,VoicemailMain(${CALLERIDNUM})
>> Looks at the console log again.  You should be seeing
>> VoicemailMain(1235551212) or whatever telephone number you are calling
>> from.  Is the telephone number you are calling from the same as the
>> mailbox name in voicemail.conf?
>
> At the console I see:
> Executing VoiceMailMain("SIP/pstn-1270-0819a1f0", "pstn1270") in new
> stack
>     -- Playing 'vm-login' (language 'en')
>     -- Playing 'vm-password' (language 'en')
>     -- Incorrect password '123' for user 'tn12701' (context = default)
>
> Maybe the problem is that the user "tn12701" is not in the
> voicemail.conf?
> I don't think it is possible to assign two users to one mail box, is
> it?.   I have to make two entries, I think.

What I don't understand is why the CALLERIDNUM is "pstn1270".  Also, you
can see the VoicemailMain is stripping off the "ps", I think that may be
because you do not have a "|" or a "," after ${CALLERIDNUM}.  Why not
just REMOVE the ${CALLERIDNUM} and let VoicemailMain prompt you for the
mailbox number.