[asterisk-users] Real Time and Asterisk

f.zamboni f.zamboni at nexus-ds.com
Mon Oct 23 05:33:56 MST 2006

I'm investigating in deploying an asterisk solution. After some experiments, I noticed that asterisk is quite subect to unreproducible troubles and quality losses with variations
of server load, and also a lot of troubles that could be reconducted to timing problems, expecially with faxes.
I was wondering, would asterisk take benefits from being deployed on a real-time enabled linux? I tried making some researches on the net, but usually searching realtime and
asterisk mean finding informations about the realtime database configuration of asterisk...
Before investing more effort in investigating the not simple world of real time Oses, i wanted to know if somebody have some suggestions about that...
Thanks,
Francesco