[asterisk-users] Re: checking 'voicemail" externally - doesn't work

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Sun Oct 22 22:48:48 MST 2006

Joseph wrote:

> What does the "|" do
> like this:
> exten => s,8,Voicemail(11|)
>
>>From the CLI "show application voicemailmain"
> Description]
>   VoiceMailMain([mailbox][@context][|options]): This application allows
> the
> calling party to check voicemail messages. A specific mailbox, and
> optional
> corresponding context, may be specified. If a mailbox is not provided,
> the
> calling party will be prompted to enter one. If a context is not
> specified,
> the 'default' context will be used.
>
> Is "Voicemail" the same as "VoiceMailMain"

Voicemail allows the caller to leave voicemail.  Voicemailmain allows
you to check your voicemail.

1.0.x Asterisk mailbox options were put as a prefix to the mailbox, such
as Voicemail(u11) would play the unavailable message to the caller.

1.2 (I think) changed this to make it more like all the other
applications, i.e., use a "," or "|" before the options.