[asterisk-users] [SOLVED] 1.2.12.1 crashing

Thomas Kenyon digium at sanguinarius.co.uk
Sun Oct 22 14:56:47 MST 2006

Joseph wrote:

> Crashing problem SOLVED.  It my case it seems to be related usage of
> NVFaxdetect.
> Upgrading from Asterisk-1.0... to Asterisk-1.2... one need to recompile
> the NVFaxdetect module.   So if somebody is upgrading and from
> Asterisk-1.0... and using NVFaxdetect this information might save you
> few hours.

I was under the impression that whenever you upgrade asterisk, any
modules that you added needed to be recompiled with the new source.

That's the impression I got from the huge warning you get when you
compile asterisk and it finds modules in /var/lib/asterisk/modules that
the install process didn't put there.