[asterisk-users] Inaccurate CDRs

Philipp Ott philipp.ott at avalon.at
Sat Oct 21 03:30:55 MST 2006

Hello!

Am 18.10.2006 um 09:39 schrieb Dumpolid Exeplish:

> I have found the problem.
> Before calls leave our network, thee user must supply a pin. this
> is a for of call accounting that we implemented. To do this, we had
> used AMP's Authenticate () function. This function actually and
> always answers the channel first before accepting pin entries. This
> was why there is always an answered flag on the channel. and since
> the channel is answered as soon as the call is made, there is no
> difference between the duration and the billsec.

Once the pin is verified issue a ResetCDR (http://www.voip-info.org/
wiki-Asterisk+cmd+ResetCDR) command. This would nullify the time the
user spent entering the pin code and make them pay less. Still they
would pay if the call never connects on the target, since it is
already connected inbound. You could also try ForkCDR and take a look
if the 2nd CDR has billsecs if it doenst connect to the target, then
you would able to filter these calls out as well and dont charge the
customer for a non-target-connecting call.

Regards