[asterisk-users] Embedded Asterisk

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Fri Oct 20 11:01:04 MST 2006

Brian Capouch wrote:
> Kristian Kielhofner wrote:
>
>> Administrator TOOTAI wrote:

>>> Cory,
>>>
>>> OpenWRT -running on Linksys WRT- has asterisk packages.
>>>
>>> root at wap:~# ipkg list | grep asterisk
>>> asterisk - 1.0.10-1 - An open source PBX
>>> asterisk-chan-mgcp - 1.0.10-1 - a Media Gateway Control Protocol
>>> implementation for Asterisk
>>> asterisk-chan-skinny - 1.0.10-1 - a Skinny Client Control Protocol
>>> implementation for Asterisk
>>> asterisk-codec-ilbc - 1.0.10-1 - an Internet Low Bitrate Codec (ILBC)
>>> Translator for Asterisk
>>> asterisk-codec-lpc10 - 1.0.10-1 - an LPC10 (Linear Predictor Code)
>>> 2.4kbps Voice Coder for Asterisk
>>> asterisk-codec-speex - 1.0.10-1 - a Speex/PCM16 Codec Translator for
>>> Asterisk
>>> asterisk-mini - 1.0.10-1 - A minimal open source PBX
>>> asterisk-mysql - 1.0.10-1 - MySQL modules for Asterisk
>>> asterisk-pbx-dundi - 1.0.10-1 - Distributed Universal Number
>>> Discovery (DUNDi) support for Asterisk
>>> asterisk-pgsql - 1.0.10-1 - PostgreSQL modules for Asterisk
>>> asterisk-res-agi - 1.0.10-1 - Asterisk Gateway Interface module
>>> asterisk-sounds - 1.0.10-1 - a sounds collection for Asterisk
>>> asterisk-voicemail - 1.0.10-1 - VoiceMail related modules for Asterisk
>>>

>> Daniel,
>>
>>     Those are ancient!  Capouch has MUCH newer packages.
>>
>> --
>

> Mine probably aren't managed as well.  I'm a one-person operation with
> too many irons in the fire!!
>
> Has anybody out there, on non-FPU embedded platorms, made any good use
> of things like ilbc and Speex?
>
> I downloaded those packages a while back but they were dramatically
> unusuable on either the WGT or the WRT models.
>
> Maybe I'm missing something?
>
> B.

B,

	If you went to GlobalSound, you might be able to get a fixed point ilbc
implementation.  I think they sell it.

	Of course I'm mostly joking.  That would probably be a pretty large
undertaking.  It would still be awesome if someone did it, though.  If
someone does take up this cause - why not whip up a fixed point g729
implementation while you are at it?

	I'm pretty sure that there is an easy to get fixed point implementation
of speex.  I don't know if that will solve all of your issues, but it is
a start.

P.S. - We'll have to work on your code to get it in a buildroot.  Maybe
even some packages!  Hopefully we'll have some time at Astricon.

--
Kristian Kielhofner