[asterisk-users] Embedded Asterisk

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Fri Oct 20 09:46:44 MST 2006

Kristian Kielhofner wrote:
> Administrator TOOTAI wrote:
>
>> Cory Andrews wrote:
>>
>>> I caught a thread the other day concerning Astricon and users embedding
>>> Asterisk on a Linksys or Netgear broadband router.  I lost track of the
>>> email thread, if anyone is presently working with this scenario
>>> please shoot
>>> me an email.
>>

>> Cory,
>>
>> OpenWRT -running on Linksys WRT- has asterisk packages.
>>
>> root at wap:~# ipkg list | grep asterisk
>> asterisk - 1.0.10-1 - An open source PBX
>> asterisk-chan-mgcp - 1.0.10-1 - a Media Gateway Control Protocol
>> implementation for Asterisk
>> asterisk-chan-skinny - 1.0.10-1 - a Skinny Client Control Protocol
>> implementation for Asterisk
>> asterisk-codec-ilbc - 1.0.10-1 - an Internet Low Bitrate Codec (ILBC)
>> Translator for Asterisk
>> asterisk-codec-lpc10 - 1.0.10-1 - an LPC10 (Linear Predictor Code)
>> 2.4kbps Voice Coder for Asterisk
>> asterisk-codec-speex - 1.0.10-1 - a Speex/PCM16 Codec Translator for
>> Asterisk
>> asterisk-mini - 1.0.10-1 - A minimal open source PBX
>> asterisk-mysql - 1.0.10-1 - MySQL modules for Asterisk
>> asterisk-pbx-dundi - 1.0.10-1 - Distributed Universal Number Discovery
>> (DUNDi) support for Asterisk
>> asterisk-pgsql - 1.0.10-1 - PostgreSQL modules for Asterisk
>> asterisk-res-agi - 1.0.10-1 - Asterisk Gateway Interface module
>> asterisk-sounds - 1.0.10-1 - a sounds collection for Asterisk
>> asterisk-voicemail - 1.0.10-1 - VoiceMail related modules for Asterisk
>>

> Daniel,
>
>     Those are ancient!  Capouch has MUCH newer packages.
>
> --

Mine probably aren't managed as well.  I'm a one-person operation with
too many irons in the fire!!

Has anybody out there, on non-FPU embedded platorms, made any good use
of things like ilbc and Speex?

I downloaded those packages a while back but they were dramatically
unusuable on either the WGT or the WRT models.

Maybe I'm missing something?

B.

believed to be clean.