[asterisk-users] Linksys PAP2 dial plan help please

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Fri Oct 20 06:20:11 MST 2006

On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 03:09:56PM +0300, sdcharly at gmail.com wrote:
>    I have a Linksys PAP2-NA connectd to my asterisk. I would like the
>    device to add 2 characters in front of the dialled number always when
>    it send the call to my asterisk. I dont know how to do that. I will
>    summarise my requirement.
>    My friend dials 1-210-1234345, i want the asterisk to get
>    55-1-210-1234345.

What actual problem are you trying to solve?

It's very likely that you can solve it better in Asterisk without touching
the ATA.

For example, if what you actually want is for calls from the PAP2 which
Asterisk routes outwards via a POTS card to be prefixed with 55, you can do
that in your dialplan (extensions.conf) by modifying the rule for placing
outbound calls.

[internal]
exten => _1.,1,Dial(Zap/4/55${EXTEN})

Brian.