[asterisk-users] considering purchasing a t1 card, any recommendations?

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Thu Oct 19 17:15:20 MST 2006

Conrad Wood wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-10-19 at 22:39 +0200, Dovid B wrote:
>
>> Can I now 5th it ? All this makes me wonder why Digium dosent work
>> harder. I have mainly only seen others praise Sangoma over Digium.
>>

> I strongly suspect digium is painfully aware of the problems with some combinations of mboards and their cards,
> but given limited resources, what would you focus development efforts on? Creating echo-cancellers and bri cards or designing a PCI interface that works even with the most broken motherboard chipset?

Sangoma seems to accomplish that quite well. In fact they clearly state
their cards will work
Digium says "try another motherboard"
That answer is an insult
Especially when the same motherboard/machine/software works with the Sangoma
Their answer really should be "buy a Sangoma"
Perhaps their efforts would be better spent as a Sangoma reseller.

Just my opinion.
Worth what you paid for it

John Novack