[asterisk-users] considering purchasing a t1 card, any recommendations?

Conrad Wood asterisk-users at conradwood.net
Thu Oct 19 13:57:11 MST 2006

On Thu, 2006-10-19 at 22:39 +0200, Dovid B wrote:
> Can I now 5th it ? All this makes me wonder why Digium dosent work
> harder. I have mainly only seen others praise Sangoma over Digium.

I strongly suspect digium is painfully aware of the problems with some combinations of mboards and their cards,
but given limited resources, what would you focus development efforts
on? Creating echo-cancellers and bri cards or designing a PCI interface
that works even with the most broken motherboard chipset?
Most people who have digium cards working seem to have them working
extremely well and some can't get them to work at all.
Frankly, I have seen so many motherboards that I consider outright
broken, I wouldn't blame a digium card for not working in any of those.
In fact, those motherboards tend to have problems with most cards, it
just happens to show much more when you try and do voice traffic (e.g.
isdn) rather than say IP traffic.
I'm not qualified to judge digium vs sangoma isdn facing interfaces, but
I'd be interested how that compares, if someone can shed some light on
that, I'd read it with interest.
E.g., how do digium cards perform on substandard isdn lines? How do they
handle faults on the line? How compatible (compared to sangoma) are they
with different exchange equipment?
Last but not least, might that be why digium secured some funding
recently, to increase the resources for development on these cards?

just my 2 pence worth ;)

Conrad