[asterisk-users] echotraining=yes in misdn.conf is invalid or out of range.

Jarkko Nevala e0300076 at puv.fi
Wed Oct 18 14:40:47 MST 2006

Hi.

I'm having problems with chan_mISDN configuration. Line
"echotraining=yes" causes warning, when Asterisk is parsing misdn.conf
and I'm confused why the PBX doesn't accept the setting. No matter
which section I try to offer it, it is always invalid or out of range.
The setting itself is supposed to be valid, it is in the sample
configuration file of chan_mISDN 0.3.1.

When I list the configuration of the ISDN-ports with "misdn show
config", I can find values for echocancel and echocacelwhenbridged, but
no mention about echotraining.

I'm running Asterisk 1.2.10 on OpenSuse 10.1 with
chan_misdn-0.3.1-rc23. The hardware platform is HP server with Intel
XEON processor and three hfcpci BRI -cards in TE -mode.

Here's the message I get:

  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/misdn.conf': Found
Oct 19 00:33:54 WARNING[4443]: misdn_config.c:660 _build_port_config:
misdn.conf: "echotraining=yes" (section: default) invalid or out of
range. Please edit your misdn.conf and then do a "misdn reload".

And here is my misdn.conf:

[general]
debug=1
bridging=no
tracefile=/var/log/asterisk/misdn.trace

[default]
echocancel=yes
echotraining=yes
hold_allowed=yes
screen=-1
presentation=-1
senddtmf=yes

[isdn_call]
ports=1,2,3
context=isdn_in
msns=*

Have you got any idea what is causing this and how I could get the echo
training working?

Thank you for your help.

Jarkko