[asterisk-users] identifying Eicon Diva Server V-4BRI-8M vs 4BRI-8M

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Wed Oct 18 13:07:29 MST 2006

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Hi (Armin)!
>
> Does someone knows how to identify the type of the card? The delivery note
> says it is a V-4BRI-8M, whereas lspci reports a 4BRI-8M.
>
> What is it really? Are there any Eicon tools to identify the card type?

As far as I know these cards are almost identical, but the PCI ID must be
different. Maybe the pci id database doesn't have this difference...

What PCI-ID does it have?
0xE012 = 4BRI-8M
0xE013 = 4BRI-8M V2
0xE016 = Voice 4BRI-8M
0xE017 = Voice 4BRI-8M V2

There is no special tool. When you load the divas driver, it should announce
the cards found. And the divactrl utility uses divas to get the cards info
and can tell the correct version as well, e.g.:
  divactrl ctrl -c 1 -CardName

Armin