[asterisk-users] random one way audio and noise between SIP phoneson same LAN

Scott Scecina SScecina at benchmark-systems.com
Wed Oct 18 06:20:27 MST 2006

I'm having the same "random" problem.

I have "canreinvite=no" on all extensions.  I have "qualify => yes" on all
non-NAT extensions. I do have several NAT extensions, but I've not had
reports of problems from those.  95% of my extensions (all polycom 501/601)
are on a brand-new network comprised of 2 48-port Cisco 3560 1GB switches.

In all cases, the called party cannot hear the calling party.  The calling
party has the "still ringing" icon on their phone, but can hear the called
party talking.  I've got call monitoring turned on, and asterisk is recording
both sides of the conversation.

The problem occurs on SIP->SIP and Zap->SIP calls.

I've tried enabling sip debug on a particular extension that seemed to be
experiencing the problem more than others.  However the problem did not occur
when the debugging was on.

Sip debug generates so much noise I've been hesitant to turn it on
system-wide.  Is there a way I can turn on sip debug and have all that
logging go to a specific file (and not in the asterisk console)?

Also, are there any other configuration/logging tricks I can try?

Thank you,

Scott Scecina