[asterisk-users] Is 1.2.12.1 production ready

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Tue Oct 17 17:58:41 MST 2006

Darrick Hartman wrote:
> Dustin Wenz wrote:
>> Are you suggesting that periodic reboots are only wise if you're
>> running 1.2.12.1, or does that go for any asterisk installation?
>>
>>     - .Dustin
>>
>> On Oct 16, 2006, at 10:54 PM, Mike Lynchfield wrote:
>>
>>> reboots are wise
> Wise?  is that sort of acronym for something starting with Windows?
> If reboots are requires, then there is a memory leak or other problem
> that needs to be addressed.  Rebooting is not the solution to other
> problems.
>
> Darrick
I have, on occasion, had to reboot Linux CentOS 3.x with Asterisk
1.2.10, but certainly not daily, once a week or longer. Only when
something is obviously insane.
Memory leak, cosmic ray, or the phase of the moon, I can't say
I also have had a dual Pentium Pro 200 running NTserver V4 for at least
2 years now, with no need for a reboot . Last reboot was with a HD crash
Both work well, and have their place
No need for a religious argument!

John Novack