[asterisk-users] Unique ID

Eric Rousse eric.rousse at telmatik.com
Tue Oct 17 11:49:25 MST 2006

Hello guys,

We're currently working on asterisk trying to create our own SIP phone,
because we need special features. But dunno maybe there's other people
who already done that before.

Basically, we are a inbound call center. We have serveral customers with
different phone numbers, which are redirected to us. When we receive a
call coming on a specific phone number, the call gets identified with
the number and there's a greeting associated and displayed on the agent
soft phone(this technology is still using regular phone with a special
computer device).

But here's the challenge that we currently face:
1. We need to have the info for the hold time (from agent) and hold
time(before the call is actually answered). We currently offer a
different pricing for the hold time by an agent than from the other one
hold time.

2. We're currently trying to identify calls by unique id for billing,
I've found about that the variable $UNIQUEID which I could use, and
there's also the cdr table that I can create, but it would be nice to
have both in the cdr table ? That way I could probably create a second
table in the asterisk db, and store our hold time, sent from the softphone.

Anyway, does all that ring a bell to someone ? Something that was
already done ?

Let me know if I'm unclear.

Thanks,