[asterisk-users] Why is this happening?

Mitch Miller mitch at mdmiller.com
Tue Oct 17 09:20:02 MST 2006

The "moving to another port" discussion is actually what happens with
sockets.  A socket listens on a designated port (ex: port 80) and when a
connection is made to that socket, another socket begins to listen to
port 80 for NEW connections.

Sockets and Ports often gets confused with each other.

-- Mitch