[asterisk-users] Unable to open Asterisk database

Andrea Spadaccini a.spadaccini at mediatechnologies.it
Mon Oct 16 13:24:00 MST 2006

Ciao Giorgio,

> I'm using mysql to store my cdr data. I compiled asterisk-addon
> module without problems and I see nothing unusual in my
> cdr_mysql.conf but when I do a reload I get this messages (never seen
> before):
>
> Oct 16 09:43:16 WARNING[8576]: db.c:67 dbinit: Unable to open
> Asterisk database
> Oct 16 09:43:16 WARNING[8576]: db.c:423 ast_db_gettree: Database
> unavailable
>
> But If I try to connect from shell it works without any problem.
>
> Does anybody know why?

I think that the error message refers to the Asterisk internal
database (AstDB), and not to MySQL.

This doesn't clarify the error, but might explain why you get a working
CDR.

Try to issue the "db get" and "db put" CLI commands, to see if AstDB is
working.

HTH,

--
Andrea Spadaccini
Multimedia Technologies Institute s.r.l.