[asterisk-users] How do you like TrixBox?

Chris Ramsey asteriskblog at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 20:10:36 MST 2006

I agree with Mohamed. TrixBox is an excellent way to start, but in the long
run, if you attempt to use Asterisk in a business setting, you will probably
want to be able to hardcode the conf files yourself. I have only recently
changed over to TrixBox from a standard installation on a debian system.
Honestly, I really don't use FreePBX much at all. I use it to create new
extentions for VMB's since I need to create a number of them every day for
users on my website, but overall I code my own dialplan. I don't really
understand FreePBX well enough, nor do I really want to put in the effort of
learning it since I can already hand-code. TrixBox just has a couple of
nifty features that I enjoy to make daily life a tad easier.

On 10/15/06, Mohamed A. Gombolaty <mgombolaty at noorgroup.net> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am have experimented asterisk long before any gui was available and also
> currently working with trixbox, ofcourse working with asterisk directly
> makes you more aware but when you start deploying the system you will face
> management issues for asterisk, as anyone who deals with asterisk must be
> experienced enough with it and that will make the people who support the
> users a few, while with trixbox those few people can be left as escalation
> points and through GUI you can make other less aware of asterisk administer
> the day to day tasks.
>
> Trixbox in my belief is making more people everyday depend on asterisk
> ofcourse knowing how to deal directly with asterisk will be a plus but yet
> this could come by time with trix box and everyday experience being gained
> will make them someday reach that level.
>
> Trixbox is a great start point to implement asterisk but  learning
> asterisk configs must also be in schedule to maintain a persistent
> environment.
>
> Thx
> MAG
>
> Dovid B wrote:
>
> Yes but they will never understand the configs. They need to learn step by
>
> step.

www.AsteriskBlog.com
Your home for easy to learn Asterisk stuff.