[asterisk-users] How do you like TrixBox?

Mohamed A. Gombolaty mgombolaty at noorgroup.net
Sun Oct 15 11:13:15 MST 2006

Dear All,

I am have experimented asterisk long before any gui was available and also
currently working with trixbox, ofcourse working with asterisk directly makes
you more aware but when you start deploying the system you will face
management issues for asterisk, as anyone who deals with asterisk must be
experienced enough with it and that will make the people who support the
users a few, while with trixbox those few people can be left as escalation
points and through GUI you can make other less aware of asterisk administer
the day to day tasks.

Trixbox in my belief is making more people everyday depend on asterisk
ofcourse knowing how to deal directly with asterisk will be a plus but yet
this could come by time with trix box and everyday experience being gained
will make them someday reach that level.

Trixbox is a great start point to implement asterisk but  learning asterisk
configs must also be in schedule to maintain a persistent environment.

Thx
MAG

Dovid B wrote:

> Yes but they will never understand the configs. They need to learn step by
> step.

Thx
MAG