[asterisk-users] Centos kernel 34 vs. 42?

Remco Barendse asterisk at barendse.to
Sat Oct 14 02:18:15 MST 2006

> >I'm now running kernel-2.6.9-42.0.3.EL
>
> Not really an answer to your question, but I found out all kernels above
> 2.6.16 do a better job on asterisk systems then the ones before that. No idea
> how this is possible as I'm in no way familiar with the inner workings of the
> linux kernel, but I found out after upgrading one system and because it was
> better there I upgraded a lot of other boxes and they all became better. Maybe
> you can get a newer kernel on centos then the 2.6.9

Possibly, but I would have to start worrying about kernel configs,
compiling the lot and solving the problem of the box no longer being able
to boot the kernel :)

I looked for CentOS repo's but cannot find one that will throw a plain
vanilla kernel my way.  There's only a centos plus kernel but these are
basically the same as the original kernels just with some filesystems
enabled.