[asterisk-users] Centos kernel 34 vs. 42?

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Fri Oct 13 14:00:15 MST 2006

On Oct 13, 2006, at 7:58 PM, Remco Barendse wrote:

> Hi list!
>
> I read the trixbox anouncement that they downgraded to kernel
> version 34
> to get rid of some audio problems
>
> I'm not running trixbox but normal Centos 4 with asterisk installed. I
> tried to find some further info on this but couldn't find any.
>
> Do audio problems occur with normal Centos and the latest kernel
> version
> too? (In other words, should every centos user downgrade??)
>
> I'm now running kernel-2.6.9-42.0.3.EL

Not really an answer to your question, but I found out all kernels
above 2.6.16 do a better job on asterisk systems then the ones before
that. No idea how this is possible as I'm in no way familiar with the
inner workings of the linux kernel, but I found out after upgrading
one system and because it was better there I upgraded a lot of other
boxes and they all became better. Maybe you can get a newer kernel on
centos then the 2.6.9

---
Michiel van Baak
michiel at vanbaak.eu
http://michiel.vanbaak.eu

"Why is it drug addicts and computer afficionados are both called
users?"