[asterisk-users] Unable to create/find SIP channel for this INVITE & Broadvoice

vol at kokezaru.net vol at kokezaru.net
Fri Oct 13 10:50:08 MST 2006

I've setup Asterisk to work with Broadvoice for both incoming and outgoing
calls.  I can make outgoing calls, but when I try to receive an incoming call
I see the following message on the console:

[date] NOTICE[8661]: chan_sip.c:13178 handle_request_invite: Unable to create/find SIP channel for this INVITE

It's registered with Broadvoice:

Name/username              Host            Dyn Nat ACL Port     Status
sip.broadvoice.com/xxxxx  147.135.0.128               5060     OK (79 ms)

Here are my configuration settings related to Broadvoice, I've editted
out the auth_id and SIP secret.

pedantic=no
register => <auth_id>:<secret>:<auth_id>@sip.broadvoice.com

[sip.broadvoice.com]
type=peer
user=phone
host=sip.broadvoice.com
fromdomain=sip.broadvoice.com
fromuser=xxxx
secret=xxxx
username=xxxx
insecure=very
context=from-pstn
authname=xxxx
;dtmfmode=inband
;dtmf=inband
dtmfmode=rfc2833
dtm=rfc2833
canreinvite=no
qualify=yes

As you can see, I've tried both rfc2833 and inband for DTMF, but I doubt
it has any effect over this situation.

Dialplan:

[from-pstn]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,Dial(100,30,tr)
exten => s,3,Hangup

I've googled for this, and the only reference I find to this error message
is in the source to Asterisk.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!