[asterisk-users] Re: Digium TE410P LED problem

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 09:31:43 MST 2006

On 10/13/06, Tony Mountifield <tony at softins.clara.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <61575c810610130728t7b347fa0u1193af10ffcaa17e at mail.gmail.com>,
> Matt Florell <astmattf at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 10/13/06, Tony Mountifield <tony at softins.clara.co.uk> wrote:
> > >
> > > Sorry, Matt, did you read my fourth paragraph onwards? :-)
> > > (guess you were in a hurry...)
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > > Tony
> >
> > Guilty as charged. Very odd that you would receive two cards from them
> > with the same defect. What is the version of the card?
>
> Not sure, but they were supplied within the last two weeks. The boxes
> are closed up again now.
>
> > At least I did share my issues with Digium LEDs,
>
> Yes, that was a bizarre one - were you saying it was a faulty mobo and
> you replaced it by another one the same, or that you needed to use a
> different model?

I replaced the motherboard with a new one of the exact same model.
Worked fine after that.

> > never had these sorts
> > of problems with my Sangoma cards. I do like the smaller LEDs that
> > Sangoma uses on their T1/E1 cards better.
>
> I ought to try a Sangoma card sometime. Unfortunately, almost every time
> I post about a slight problem with a Digium card, I get an email to that
> effect from one of Sangoma's sales guys! (OK, I exaggerate, but it has
> happened twice).

Sounds like they are getting more aggressive about marketing
themselves to Digium users. One thing about Sangoma cards is that they
do guarantee that their cards will work on any PCI-compliant
motherboard. You do have to go through some extra steps(additional
drivers and configs) to get them running with Asterisk though that you
don't have to do with Digium cards.

MATT---