[asterisk-users] Polycom IP 501 phone randomly resets itself (loses Received call log, Missed calls, placed calls)

Mike Garey random51k at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 07:40:30 MST 2006

I've been noticing that my group of Polycom IP 501 phones seems to
randomly reset themselves nearly every night (I guess it usually
happens at night, since I've never seen it happen while I've been at
work during the day)..

When I say "reset", I mean, the hands free volume and ring volume are
set to the default and the call logs (received calls, missed calls,
placed calls) are all reset.  It does, however, keep certain settings
such as the specific ring tone used for incoming calls.. But most
other settings are being reset..  Has anyone else experienced this, or
know why it might be happening?  Thanks,

Mike