[asterisk-users] MGCP stuff - VoiPACK

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Oct 12 07:09:08 MST 2006

On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 02:17:11PM -0400, Andrew Joakimsen wrote:
> Asterisk can only be the proxy/server for MGCP, you connect other
> devices to it. Asterisk can not be a user agent connecting to other
> MGCP server.

As it happens, I have a 4 port VoiPACK gateway that speaks MGCP (legacy
of an abortive FacetPhone trial.

This thing seems insanely poorly documented; I gather fairly strongly
that it is Chinese in manufacture and design, and OEM *only*.

Anyone ever gotten one of them working with Asterisk?

Cheers,
-- jra

	"That's women for you; you divorce them, and 10 years later,
	  they stop having sex with you."  -- Jennifer Crusie; _Fast_Women_