[asterisk-users] Polycom 2.01 sip issues

John Marvin jm-asterisk at themarvins.org
Thu Oct 12 03:52:22 MST 2006

James Andrewartha wrote:
> Jessee J Holmes wrote:
>> As far 1.6.7 firmware supporting multiple presences (48 i think), maybe
>> I was wrong on that; however, I remember reading the 2.0.1 firmware
>> release notes and they mentioned that feature was fixed within the 2.0
>> firmware. Maybe they fixed it before that and just never documented it
>> or maybe I misread it. If it works through in 1.6.7, great! Thanks Douglas.
>
> The release notes for 2.0.1 say:
>
> 2.2 Version 2.0.0 (Beta Release Only)
> Note: The 2.0.0 Release does not include the changes and corrections from
> SIP releases 1.6.6 and 1.6.7

Note that the notes for Version 2.0.1 says it does include all the
changes from 1.6.6 and 1.6.7. The notes for 2.0.0 shoulw probably say
"does not include ALL the changes", because it does include some. It
specifically mentions the 48 buddies feature, which then leads some
people to assume that the feature was new for 2.0.0, whereas you are
correct in that it was actually introduced for the first time in 1.6.6.

> And 1.6.6 is the first release to support 48 watch buddies on the 601. FWIW
> I'm still using 1.6.6 here. The only problem I've noticed is that pressing
> dial from one of the call lists (when accessed via the arrow keys) doesn't
> always work.

Yes, I am running 1.6.6 on my 501, and I have noticed that bug also. Its
not just when accessing it via the arrow keys. It doesn't work sometimes
when you access via numeric keys or the select softkey and then
explicitly pressing the dial softkey. I see no reference in any of the
release notes to this bug being fixed. I wonder if Polycom knows about it?

John