[asterisk-users] Moh stuttering

Boyd Goodin boyd at planetc.com
Wed Oct 11 13:39:15 MST 2006

Hello everyone!

   I have a slight problem. Running * (trixbox) on a P4 3.0ghz pc with
1.5gig of ram, pbxhardware.com T200P Tor2 dual t-1 card, everything on it's
own irq, and about 22 Sip phones (either Grandstream ATA or Budgettone 102
units). IF I have 5 or less calls in queue, MOH and annoucing voice sounds
good. Get more calls in queue and Moh and announcer start to stutter. The
more calls in queue the worce it stutters. This is using default MP3 files.
If I convert to Ulaw I can get up to 17-18 in queue before the stuttering
begins.
  I can duplicate this just using the sip phones on a local network. Dial
into the queue and about 4 or 5 sip connections and the Moh starts to
stuttering using Mp3 files. Change Mp3 files to gsm and can get all 22 sip
phones in queue and only have a stutter every now and then.
  I have checked everything in the PC. Everything has it's own irg, IDE hard
disk but as far as I can tell it is not causing the stutter. I am at a loss
why it would do this. We are trying to do an inbound call center on with 2
pri's. Would anyone have any ideas as to where to start? Will it require a
faster PC to handle this?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Boyd Goodin