[asterisk-users] GPL Softphones

anban at ecntelecoms.com anban at ecntelecoms.com
Wed Oct 11 11:01:49 MST 2006

> Hi,
>

> I'm searching for GPLed softphones. I found WengoPhone but actually not
> available for Asterisk PBX, only for Wengo network. I found Kiax but only
> for IAX protocol.
>

> Did you know a good GPLed softphones which works on Windows ?
>

> Thanks
>
> Greg

Apparently (from what I gathered from #openwengo at
irc.freenode.net)Wengo's own network runs on a combination of Asterisk and
OPENSer. To get Wengophone working with your asterisk you will need to do
some code hackingz...so download the source code and change it. You will
need to change the authentication procedure in Wengo phone so that your
server ip and port numbers are used. Check the gmane mailing lists, I've
posted the format of the XML messages used. So basically all the work you
will have to do is hardcode your website's url in place of wengo.fr's and
make sure your website sends back the right type of XML and bazzam!

Oh just a note - its not a simple compile, so you will be messing around
with it for a while, trying to get it compile. But its awesome... and IMHO
one of the best softphones in the world. Maybe even the galaxy

Also, to make things a bit better, some devs are in fact developing the
server agnostic version of Wengophone.

Hope that helped a bit

ok bye :)

believed to be clean.