[asterisk-users] Increase VoiceMail Messages Recording Gain -AudioCalls are Ok

Cullin J. Wible cwible at algorim.com
Wed Oct 11 07:48:07 MST 2006

externnotify=/opt/asterisk-1.2.7.1/sbin/vm-audio

vm-audio uses 'sox -e' to determine how much to scale by without clipping
and then
Then 'sox -v' to scale the sound file.

This happens after the email message is sent, but by changing the order of a
few lines in the app_voicemail.c program you can have the externnotify run
before the email message is sent.

Cullin