[asterisk-users] Increase VoiceMail Messages Recording Gain - AudioCalls are Ok

Aaron Daniel amdtech at shsu.edu
Wed Oct 11 06:57:00 MST 2006

I've uploaded a patch to my host, it only does the volgain in int format
(we use +7 which seems to work well).  We've had no problems with it
since we set it up back in February, and everyone seems to love it since
nobody's blowing out their speakers anymore lol.

The patch we use actually does a number of things.  We convert from WAV
to mp3 for better client support (i.e. my boss used his pda phone to
listen to an mp3 voicemail), and we also change the From field of the
email to come from the user leaving the voicemail instead of the server
email.  I think that's it, the file's posted here:
http://asterisk.mdaniel.net/?p=5

Check it out, let me know if it works for ya'll.

Aaron