[asterisk-users] NFAS Not Passing Audio on B-chan 48,72,96

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Wed Oct 11 07:05:23 MST 2006

Steve Totaro wrote:
> I have NFAS setup on several quad port T1 cards (Sangoma).
> It mostly works well with the exception that calls coming in on channels
> 48,72, and 96 have no audio.  I tried removing these channels from
> zapata.conf with hopes that the channels would not come up or be used.
> Now I get "Ring requested on unconfigured channel".
> How can I busyout these these channels so that incoming calls are not
> sent to them, or how can I fix the real problem?  I think it may be a
> Sangoma/Wanpipe configuration issue.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve Totaro

Steve,

	I take it you have one D channel for all four spans?  On 24?  I think
this should be pretty transparent to wanpipe.  You should configure four
spans, with one channel group (type TDM) per span (obvious).  You should
also probably disable any "native D channel" features.  I always have
nothing but problems with that.  In zaptel.conf, only specify one d
channel.  The "tricky" stuff is in zapata.conf.  Can you post that, and
maybe zaptel.conf too?

--
Kristian Kielhofner