[asterisk-users] Lots and lots of log files

Ejay Hire EHire at cbrweb.com
Mon Oct 9 07:27:24 MST 2006

Hello all, and good morning

In my /var/log/asterisk directory I have 492,018 log files, most of which
are empty.
event_log.XXX queue_log.XXX messages.XXX where XXX is an integer.

I removed them all and restarted asterisk a few days ago, but they came
back.

This morning I turned off event and queue logging, but I would prefer to
have the messages log.  I didn't see an entry for theis in logrotate.

The root issue behind this is that I get a message about a signal that the
log files are too big, and asterisk stops working.  None of my log files are
> 1mb though.  Restarting asterisk fixes it.

Thanks,
Ejay

... System information

[root at localhost asterisk]# du -h /var/log/asterisk
1.3G    .
840K    ./cdr-csv
956K    ./cdr-custom

Asterisk 1.2.11
Linux version 2.6.9-42.0.2.ELsmp (gcc version 3.4.6 20060404 (Red Hat
3.4.6-3)) #1 SMP
Asterisk 1.2.11 built by buildcentos @ localhost.localdomain on a i686
running Linux
localhost*CLI> logger show channels
Channel                             Type     Status    Configuration
/var/log/asterisk/messages          File     Enabled    - Warning Notice
Error
                                    Console  Enabled    - Warning Notice
Error