[asterisk-users] Re: Real-time and priority "n"

Ronald Wiplinger ronald at elmit.com
Sun Oct 8 18:47:53 MST 2006

Brian Capouch wrote:
> Tony Mountifield wrote:
>> In article <452874A4.5050204 at elmit.com>,
>> Ronald Wiplinger <ronald at elmit.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Is it exclusive? Either Realtime or priority "n" ???
>>>
>>> If so, what is the better way?
>>

>> I believe 'n' is just a shorthand way of writing "previous line + 1",
>> and gets converted into an actual number as the dialplan is compiled.
>> After compilation, the information about whether a line had been given
>> as 'n' or as a specific number has been lost, as far as I know.
>>

> Rows can be added to a database table at any time.  Imagine a series
> of priorities added to a table using nothing more than "n" as a
> priority number beyond the first one.
>
> Now imagine wanting to add a new priority in between any two arbitrary
> entries in the table.  How would you even specify which two lines
> should surround it, when they have no identifying "serial number"
> associated with them?
>
> Unless you were to add a new field, e.g. "priority location
> identifier," or somesuch.  Which does nothing more than move back to
> the present situation.
>
> The extensions.conf parser adds a "real" priority to each line, but in
> Realtime that responsibility falls on the DB maintainer.
>
> B.

Short: EXCLUSIVE

thanks!

bye

Ronald

--
Ronald Wiplinger  (CEO of ELMIT)
http://www.elmit.com  http://voip.elmit.com  http://e-paper.elmit.com

PS: Spam prevention!
Our system is protected with a spam prevention program.
If you send us an e-mail, our system will send you a confirmation message back. Just reply to this confirmation message please.
After receiving this confirmation message, our system will send the hold message (one) and all future messages (after the received confirmation message) to me without asking you again.