[asterisk-users] ftp server

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 12:37:01 MST 2006

Hi Dean -

> I'm using vsftpd quite successfully on several Asterisk boxes with
> Polycom IP501 phones.

Just an addition: one requirement I had in deploying Polycom phones -
I wanted the user (and me) to be able to plug in a new phone and go
with no configuration needed on the Polycom end.  The default FTP
username and password is "PlcmSpIp".  vsftpd cannot handle capitalized
usernames, so if you want to use vsftpd, you have to manually
re-configure the username on each phone.

I chose to use ProFTPd instead, which, with some minor config changes,
can handle the default Polycom username with capital letters.

> Btw I just noticed there is no bootrom.ver file in this zip folder.

I think they did away with this file as of the 2.6.2 version.  I just
reviewed the zip files I got from my retailer and 2.6.1 and below have
this file, but the newer ones don't.

- Noah