[asterisk-users] Outbound FXO call, getting "You must first dial..."

Nick Ellson grimm at nickellson.com
Sat Oct 7 07:51:31 MST 2006

I am not sure what I might be set up wrong, but dialing out with my Zap/1
port seems to alwyas get the "You must first dial a 1 when calling this
number" message from what sounds like the actual PSTN. My zapatel.conf and
extensions.conf bits below. Any advice? (I do receive inbound calls, and
it does sound like I am getting the PSTN error. I do notice that when I
get an inbound call, I have 5 secs of sevear static before it suddenly
becomes clear.. could that be happening on the outboud as well munging the
first few digits?)

    signalling=fxs_ks
    language=us
    context=inbound_qwest
    sendcalleridafter=2
    callerid=yes
    threewaycalling=yes
    transfer=yes
    cancallforward=yes
    callreturn=yes
    echocancel=yes
    echocancelwhenbridged=yes
    rxgain=0.0
    txgain=0.0
    group=1
    channel=>1

exten => _9.,1,Dial(Zap/1/${EXTEN:1},60)

--
Nick Ellson
CCDA, CCNP, CCSP, CCAI,