[asterisk-users] Asterisk RT on Disk On Module Performance and Durability

Erick Perez eaperezh at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 09:54:48 MST 2006

Hi,
Im doing some research for Disk on a Module (DOM) with asterisk realtime. To
have no moving parts for a special project, I know I can use 3.5 or 2.5 HDDs
but DOMs sound interesting.

Does someone have working experience with this?
Basically the Asterisk Realtime will be stored in MySQL and the DB will be
stored in a Disk on a Module.
I have read that the usual standard is 2,000,000 MTBF and 2,000,000
Read/Write Cycles.

Is there an utility/section/procedure that can "count/display" the reads and
writes a normal Linux system does? That result can be extrapolated to
understand, in terms of days/week/months how much time a Disk on Module will
last.

Anyone with field experience?

Thanks,

Erick Perez
Panama Sistemas
Integradores de Telefonia IP y Soluciones Para Centros de Datos
Panama, Republica de Panama
Cel Panama. +(507) 6694-4780