[asterisk-users] Re:UPDATE: Zaptel problems

mavince at optonline.net mavince at optonline.net
Thu Oct 5 07:54:19 MST 2006

I had a similar problem... every time I rebooted, ztcfg didn't run. I found that by running "make config" from the Zaptel source directory this problem was corrected.  I had skipped this step in my original setup.

My /etc/rc.local has two entries:
modprobe wct4xxp
safe_asterisk

The current Asterisk Business Edition has a script that makes the rc.local entries unneeded... but I found that I still had to manually run the "make config" command to guarantee that Asterisk would automatically recover from a reboot.

Mark

Mark A. Vince
mavince at optonline.net