[asterisk-users] Polycom Buddy Watch Broken with 2.0.1 Firmware?

Anthony Rodgers Anthony_Rodgers at dnv.org
Wed Oct 4 21:09:18 MST 2006

Hi Eric,

Here's all we had to do:

1.	Make sure that the 'Presence' feature is enabled in your phones:

<feature feature.1.name="presence" feature.1.enabled="1"...... in
sip.cfg (or maybe ipmid.cfg, depending on the age of your SIP
application)

2.	Create a hint priority in extensions.conf for the extension whose
status you want to monitor:

exten => 2348,hint,SIP/2348-Office&SIP/2348-Kitchen

Remember that a) the hint priority does not seem to support wildcard
matching b) the SIP/2348 should actually represent the SIP channel(s)
that you want to monitor (this may not be the same as the extension)
and c) channels can be combined using '&' just like a Dial() command
to monitor the status of more than one channel.

3.	Set up a directory entry on the phone that you want to use to
monitor the extension above. Set the 'Watched buddy' property of the
directory entry to 'Yes', and the Location property to the extension
that you used above (2348 in this case).

That's it - let me know if you have trouble getting it work.

CP