[asterisk-users] Transfer feature - howto?

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Wed Oct 4 14:26:58 MST 2006

??? I do it with a Zap channel no problem. In my case,

1. Call comes in from PSTN (Zap channel)
2. Call is routed back out a Zap channel using the Dial() command with the
't' option
3. Asterisk is still in the media stream, so it listens for inband DTMF
4. User presses Hash, Asterisk says "Transfer", user dials extension, hangs
up, call is transferred.

I suspect in your case it may have something to do with your SIP providers
maybe suppressing DTMF (just guessing) or Asterisk somehow stepping out of
the media stream. You want to test for that by setting up an extension that
will echo back the interpreted DTMF signal then calling the extension via
your SIP providers. But with Zap, definitely works no problem.