[asterisk-users] Dialplan Syslog

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Wed Oct 4 14:14:29 MST 2006

Well, System(logger) is going to be resource intenstive as it has to spawn a process. I actually just emulated the behaviour with FastAGI. My client side looks something like:

// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
//
// SysLogger:
//
macro SysLogger(msg) {

    AGI(agi://xxx.yyy.140.167:5102/${msg});
    return;

}

&SysLogger(Some text);

Then, on the server side, which is implemented as a multi-threaded python server, I call syslog() directly, and voila, all the syslog can be sent wherever I want via syslog.conf and no disk access was required on the client side.

Doug.