[asterisk-users] Call Interception

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Wed Oct 4 10:20:39 MST 2006

Check out meetme.

We create a meetme conference for each agent when the agent logs in. As
customer's call in, the call is matched (by DNIS and IVR) to the "longest
idle" agent with the required skill (or any agent if no agent with the
matching skill is available).

The supervisors can join any conference "pre-muted" by entering the agent
ID. If needed, they can "un-mute" and contribute to the call or kick the
agent and take the call.

It took a couple of AGI's and some tweaks to app_meetme.c for custom
whispers at the start of the call to tell the agent the type of call while
the customer hears "ring" and kicking the agents, but we're pretty happy
at this point.

On Wed, 4 Oct 2006, Delca wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm deploying an asterisk PBX for a Call Center and i was ordered to
> check if the Customer Support Supervisor could intercept the calls so
> they can check how they employees work with Asterisk.
>
> I read http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Intercepting+SIP+Calls and i
> got a clue about intercepting calls. But actually i wanted to know if
> someone have experience with this sort of things.
>

> Cheers!
> Santiago

Thanks in advance,