[asterisk-users] Fax detection ...

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sun Oct 1 15:04:30 MST 2006

On Sun, Oct 01, 2006 at 02:58:37PM -0700, Lee Howard wrote:
> Well, fax detection isn't entirely reliable anyway.  Even if you assume
> that your fax detection feature and operation is flawless in properly
> detecting fax tones (and that most likely would be a specious
> assumption), not all calling fax machines send fax tones.

So, y'know, that assertion gets made a lot.

What's the turn rate of fax machines in the market? 3 years?  5?  CNG
tones are *well* over 10 years old, no?

What percentage of fax calls are sent without CNG tones these days?

Cheers,
-- jra

	"That's women for you; you divorce them, and 10 years later,
	  they stop having sex with you."  -- Jennifer Crusie; _Fast_Women_