[asterisk-users] How to park calls on a specific extension

Andrew Joakimsen joakimsen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 21:12:54 MST 2006

There are plenty of phones that support BLF. The grandstream phone are like
an enterprise-grade solution packed into the absolute lowest end possible
(yet still pretty damn decent) hardware. If grandstream made $150 phones I
think they might take over the market.

Have you tried valetparking at all?

  -= Info about application 'ValetParking' =-

[Synopsis]
Valet Parking

[Description]
Auto-Sense Valet Parking: if <exten> is not occupied, park it, if it is
already parked, bridge to it.

  -= Info about application 'ValetParkList' =-

[Synopsis]
ValetParkList

[Description]
ValetParkList(<lotname>)
Audibly list the slot number of all the calls in <lotname> press * to unpark
it.

How about Pickup? I've never used it but Pickup2 might be capable to do what
you wish. http://linux.thorsten-knabe.de/asterisk/pickup.jsp

You need to think of how things scale, ValetParking is almost very close to
"put it in hold, unhold elsewhere" if you have phones that you can configure
softkeys to (I think Aastra would support it) the issue is what do you do
with mulitple calls? ValetParking you can pick up the first "hold" call or
the last "hold" call......