[asterisk-users] 200+ analog phones connected to FXS modules

Zoa zoachien at securax.org
Thu Nov 30 11:21:37 MST 2006

> Interesting product, I didn't know about this one until just now.  I've heard
> that TDMoE is more trouble than it's worth, though, and may eventually be
> phased out of Asterisk.  Can anyone from Digium give some more information or
> suggestions?
>
> -A.

I'm not from digium but am the proud owner of a preproduction sample of
the spidermux, i also took it to Astricon Dallas. (they are already
being produced but are not being sold yet).
The TDMoE implementation in asterisk works, but is not used by a lot of
people or hardware yet, so it needs some work (Especially to make it
work with recent kernels).  I know the spidermux people already have a
bunch of patches ready to be released to fix the issues that exist now.

I've never heard something about tdmoe being phased out of asterisk.

Zoa.