[asterisk-users] Modprobe Zaptel

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu Nov 30 09:49:20 MST 2006

Hi

Better late than ever, I guess,

On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 10:18:56PM +0000, Julian Varanini wrote:

> Hi all
>
> For some dumb reason I decided to upgrade from Mandriva 2006 to 2007,
> thinking I could install asterisk all over again. Anyway I did install
> asterisk, zaptel and libpri. After install I ran modprobe zaptel which
> said "zaptel not found".  Thanks to help on this mailing list I had a
> fix to this problem and edited the Makefile located in /usr/src/linux/
> to read -6mdv (instead of -6mdvcustom) which matched the uname -r.

As an alternative:

  make KSRC=/path/to/kernel/src

However in most systems that source tree would be pointed from
/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build , and this is wher eZaptel looks by
default .

> Then I installed zaptel again and the drivers were still installed in
> /lib/modules/2.6.17-6mdvcustom and not /lib/modules/2.6.17-6mdv.

This may suggest that the tree agaist which you built is not configured
to work with your configuration.

> After many reinstalls and reboots I could not find why they were
> still moved to that location, so I just moved them from -6mdvcustom
> to -6mdv and modprobe zaptel did not display any errors.
>
> However I needed to run modprobe wcte11xp for it to actually load the
> driver, when I did not need to do this in 2006
>
> Does anyone know why this is?
> I can get it all to start up at boot using rc.local, but when I
> installed zaptel on Mandriva 2006 it loaded at boot on its own.

In a properly-set system, hotplug would load the drivers.

Which hardware do you have?

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org