[asterisk-users] Modprobe Zaptel

Julian Varanini jvaranini at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 27 15:18:56 MST 2006

Hi all

For some dumb reason I decided to upgrade from Mandriva 2006 to 2007, thinking I could install asterisk all over again. Anyway I did install asterisk, zaptel and libpri. After install I ran modprobe zaptel which said "zaptel not found".  Thanks to help on this mailing list I had a fix to this problem and edited the Makefile located in /usr/src/linux/ to read -6mdv (instead of -6mdvcustom) which matched the uname -r.

Then I installed zaptel again and the drivers were still installed in /lib/modules/2.6.17-6mdvcustom and not /lib/modules/2.6.17-6mdv.
After many reinstalls and reboots I could not find why they were still moved to that location, so I just moved them from -6mdvcustom to -6mdv and modprobe zaptel did not display any errors.

However I needed to run modprobe wcte11xp for it to actually load the driver, when I did not need to do this in 2006

Does anyone know why this is?
I can get it all to start up at boot using rc.local, but when I installed zaptel on Mandriva 2006 it loaded at boot on its own.

Still in noob territory,

Thanks,

Julian